Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A little kitchen update

In keeping with the trend of ripping things off walls rather than organizing and washing clothes for my son's soon-to-be arrival, I decided our kitchen chalkboard needed to be a little bigger.  Ashlyn sometimes has trouble staying within the "boundaries", and I thought it would be nice to give her an a little more space.  

So I ripped off the picture frame molding we put up last year - and painted the entire wall with chalkboard paint.

Before.

And here is the finished result.  






 I know my hormones are a little wacky right now.  For example, I cannot bring myself to go through bins of boy clothes that sweet friends have let me borrow or start pulling baby gear out of the attic, but I find the energy to do totally random and unnecessary projects around the house.

I seriously just asked my husband if he would build this (see pic below).

He asked me if he could just draw a play kitchen on the chalkboard wall.  Should I assume that is a "No" for now?

11 comments:

To The Moon and Back said...

LOVE IT! And that kitchen is adorable!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I am LOVING That play kitchen. I don't have a kid but I want one for myself.

The chalkboard wall looks awesome. You have my brain going. I love the chunky moulding.

Jami Graham said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is SO me right now! I should be working on the nursery but instead I'm thinking of just completely removing the tile counters so that we have to get granite (so I can't talk myself out of it) and I want to build things...lots of things!

What chalkboard paint did you use? I can't find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg for a tiny bit.

Btw...shot you some blog love today! :)

Sonya & Aaron said...

Hey Anne, I LOVE reading your blog...when I actually have time to sit down :). So excited for you guys, can't wait to see pics of Chase when he makes his arrival. Sounds like you are keeping busy! Did you do that dining room project in one day?? Ashlyn's room is so cute, and it made me feel better to hear that her room doesn't look THAT good all the time :) You have some awesome crafty ideas!

Erin @ His and Hers said...

haha-I guess that does sound like a "no." Your kids will have tons of fun with that chalkboard wall, AND that play kitchen (if your husband changes his mind!) :)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Well you might as well get as much done now as you can. Once the baby arrives you'll be a little preoccupied:) That kitchen is sooooo cute!

Val said...

Wow, I love every detail. Gorgeous.

Aaron said...

Whoa! Looks great. Love the chalkboard wall.

emily said...

Love the change! It looks amazing!

Tanya Anurag said...

Cool... I want that play kitchen. Cooking would be all the more fun ;) Having a chalkboard wall is awesome. I think I'll wait for the day when I have kids to implement both these ideas.

Sarah@totalbassetcase said...

Love that chalkboard! The kids will love having such a huge space to create on!

 
Designed by Deluxe Designs